What is "European connection"?

-"European connection" is a trade name for the association of different companies who are providing legal, accounting and business development services under the umbrella of European connection BVBA) company in Brussels, Belgium. Our partner companies are "Lexial" law firm, , BECI and the "The Brussels accountants".

What "European connection" can do for me if I want to start business in E.U.?

-We provide complete service packages ensuring the successful outcome of your business projects in European union. This includes: preparing business plans, financial plans, company constitution, legal address, office space and accommodation, registration procedure, tax and all work permit and travel document (visa) related issues.

Are you only working with clients who want to set up business in E.U.?

-Of course not. We are assisting expats and businesses with inquiries related to European travel documents, European real estate and real estate development, expert and import, banking, promotion, investment, tax and asset management. We are acting as sales representatives and branch managers for number of international clients. Please check on Support package to learn more.

How much your service costs?

-Please check our service page for recent price lists.

Are there any discounts?

-Usually we provide discounts for clients who enroll onto permanent cooperation with us. We wave fees completely for the clients who are investing in our own projects, but all conditions shall be carefully agreed upon beforehand. Sales representative services are provided on the commission basis, also with the conditions agreed upon individually with each particular client.

Why should I choose "European connection"? What are the benefits of your service?

-Our trademarks are affordable fees and extremely convenient model of work: our company registration packages allowing our clients to start making money straight away, right at the moment of registration, long before the work permits, and personal license will come through. Using this model most of our clients have not only covered the cost of company incorporation in E.U., but even reported the profits at the very first year!

What is the total budget which I have to keep in mind if I want to set a company and enroll in permanent cooperation?

-Minimal budget of set-up and development costs which is advisable for efficient incorporation of business in E.U. is estimated as 14.500 Euro at 2014. However while making your plan, please keep in mind that "European connection" model will allow you earn profits from the day one, eventually ensuring the fast investment return.

I want to set up company in EU and sell my goods and services, but I don’t need full range of your services. For example : I already have my own candidate for managers. Can I use your assistance, expertise and consultancy without enrolling into permanent cooperation?

-Sure, we gladly provide advice and assistance for the hourly rate. Please visit « prices and contracts » page for details, and don’t hesitate to write or call us for discounts/ Keep an eye on the discounts and promotional packages to benefit from the lowest prices-like on the recent Support package for example.

Do you guarantee the results?

-We carefully evaluate the clients situation, documents, and financial capacity before starting the cooperation, which is allowing us to come out with an accurate plan of action. Actual targets of each project are agreed upon on the individual basis, with each particular client. We almost never fail.

Do you issue refunds?

-If for some reason our company is not able to provide services which were agreed upon, we’re issuing complete refund to our clients.

Can you help me with setting bank account or facilitate an investment in E.U.?

-Absolutely, it is one of our services.

Can you offer interesting projects for international investment?

-We are glad to do it for you. Please visit our « investment opportunities » page for current investment calls.

I want to invest in the developing of real estate in E.U. Can you help me?

-Sure we can. Please visit our real estate page and fill in the our survey so we can select the property development project which meets your standards and demands.

Do you work on a basis of the contract?

-Yes, please visit our service page for details and sample contracts.

Who is responsible body?

-Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all contracts, declarations and documents related to "European connection" shall be signed by European Connection BVBA in Brussels.
I am not the citizen of European Union. Am I eligible to own a business in E.U.?
-Every person can own a business in E.U.  without any territorial or national restrictions.

Is it better to buy the existing business or to register a new company?
-Both models are equally possible, and have similar requirements. Decision is entirely yours...

What are the requirements to set up new company?
-Requirements in all member states are: registration of the set up capital at the special bank account; submitting the business plan; publication of company statute and financial plan; legal address in the country of registration; tax registration and hiring the E.U. – based management team. Please visit our business development page for details. The additional requirements may apply in some countries. Please contact us to receive the details of the procedure in the country of your choice.

What are requirements to purchase existing business?
-The current owners should agree to transfer the business to new one in writing and register the transaction officially, usually with the notary. Other requirements for the foreign owners are same as for new company registration: company should have valid business plan, financial plan, legal address, constitution, European management team, etc.

How long does it take to set up a new company?
-Usually from four to six weeks.

Can I manage my European company from my home country?
-Owners have a final word in their firm of course; but if you are not the resident of European Union being a official director is not possible. To manage the E.U. company foreign owners shall either obtain permanent residence permit in European Union or enlist the E.U. based management team in the company constitution. "European connection" is providing this service.

Can I be a member of directors board in my company ?
-Yes providing that at least one member of the board is eligible to manage business by the national law at the EU country of registration.

Should I move to Europe to start earning money at my new European company?
-It is not necessary. Once registered your company is a separate legal person and can trade, earn profits, buy, own or sell property and even hire and fire people, disregard owners status or place of residence.

Can I resettle in the E.U. if I own European company?
-It is possible if your European company will submit an application for work permit or resident permit in your behalf.

Can I obtain E.U. residence and work permit if I own company in Europe?
-Yes it is possible if company is economically active, has positive trade balance and pays tax. Employing locals is additional positive point.

Should I wait for the European residence permit to launch my new European company?
-It is not necessary. According to the law the newborn company is a separate legal person. Once the European management team is listed in the company constitution, your company can start working straight after registration.

Why the European management team is required?
For the tax an liability purpose it is required that all business entities in E.U. shall be represented by the physical or juridical persons who have a permanent legal address in European Union, and who are eligible to work and pay tax in E.U. In some E.U. countries additional regulations like diploma's an license can apply.

I want to manage my European company myself. How can I do it?
After registration you should file the application for the work permit as an independent entrepreneur/business owner. After obtaining the permit you can manage your business. Your company can be run by the temporary management team in a meanwhile.

What type of the company should I register?
-It is better to register a juridical form allowing the new company to be a separate legal person. In most E.U. countries such separate business entities are either limited liability type company’s or anonymous societies, with additional specifications based at national jurisdiction in each member state. The limited liability companies are most common model for the small and medium business.

I have registered my business in E.U. How can I start offering my goods and services through my European company?
-To start economic activity the company has to file the tax and social security registration; it takes day or two usually. After the registration procedure will be completed and your company is free to offer goods and services all over the Union.

I own business in one of the European Union member states. Can I offer my goods and services to other E.U. countries or I need the additional license?
-If your company is registered in the country who is a member of Schengen agreement, you can do business in whole ’Schengen AREA‘ without restrictions and additional registration (with an exception of business activity which is specifically prohibited by national legislation of the certain member states). There are limitations in the European Union countries who are not members of Schengen agreement, like UK and Ireland.

Which countries are members of E.U.?
Austria · Belgium · Bulgaria · Cyprus · Czech Republic · Denmark · Estonia · Finland · France · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Ireland · Italy · Latvia · Lithuania · Luxembourg · Malta · Netherlands · Poland Portugal · Romania · Slovakia · Slovenia · Spain · Sweden · United Kingdom.

Which countries are members of Schengen agreement?
Members of Schengen agreement which allowing free movement of services, goods, money, and work force are following countries (2014): Austria, Belgium, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
Can my own company hire me?
-Companies are the separate legal entities (legal persons) an have right to hire employees including the owners. After signing the work contract the company can file a request for a work permit.

Can I work in other European member states after receiving the work permit ?
-The treaty of Lisbon and number of cases at European court of justice have clearly established work permit issued in one of the Schengen agreement counties is valid in all other Schengen area. You may face certain problems from local officials while exercising this right. Please contact us at earliest convenience in the event of obstacles.

Can I work for a company other than my own, if I received work permit as an employee of my own company?
-In theory it is possible if other business will be purchasing your services from your own European company. Your fees shall be will be paid to your company account first and after that your company shall pay your salary to you deducting eventual taxes. In practice it is very complicated.

How long does it take to obtain a work permit?
-Depending on the scheme it takes from 3 month to one year. The work permits for employees are usually coming through faster compared to the work permits for business owners who want to manage their own business.

I am willing to stay in my country and travel to Europe to keep an eye on business. Can my European company help me with business visas and consular relations?
-Yes, and your European company can issue the business invitations for you. Traveling to supervise your own company a valid reason to request a business visa. European connection is assisting all clients with visa related paperwork.

Can consulate or immigration authorities deny me an entry to European union, if I am willing to supervise my company?
- We assume that business owners shall not have any trouble proving their credibility and financial stability. Unless there are reasons of national security involved,  authorities shall  to provide the necessary travel documents for the investors and owners of businesses at European Union. However incomplete paperwork or errors during the interview often causes a delay. To avoid it and ensure the result we usually suggest to cooperate with our legal team.

I am not the owner of European company, but I need to travel to E.U. for business reasons. Can "European connection" assist me?
-Please send us complete feedback by email or book the appointment with our representative. After analyzing the details we can evaluate your situation.
If you are frequent traveler, the Support package is the good solution.

I have decided to use "European connection" for assistance with my business trip; can you ensure stamping visas in my passport?
-"European connection" can consult you about legal aspects of business visas to E.U., provide advice about your application and help with submitting paperwork and invitation. However issuing visas is entirely the prerogative of the government. Please also take in the account that we aren’t a travel agency or immigration office; we are business development team working on attracting investors into EU.
To ensure the efficient and productive cooperation with us  please carefully read through the Frequently Asked Questions below. Your question is not answered above? Please book an appointment with European Connection representative. You can meet us at chat room, Skype, call us or visit our office.

NEW ! What is the support package ?

Some of our clients don’t need the permanent cooperation services-not yet at least. But most already need information and practical advice about business specifics, tax or immigration aspects in the different countries European Union.
Support package is an opportunity to receive permanent consultancy and advice about company formation, work permits, visas, work permits and trade license in European Union for a fixed annual fee of 399 Euro.

If you need information about running new European business and handling tax ; if you need second opinion about performance of your existing business in Europe ; if you need to know more about subsidies and quotes, or if you need urgent back-up about visa requirements – our Support package is the right place to start with.



Are the taxes my company pays mixed with my own tax?
-You and your company are separate legal bodies. Your company pays tax separately from you. In some countries shareholder are liable for unpaid tax in case of bankruptcy.

What type of tax should my European company pay?
-It is VAT tax which is paid either monthly, quarterly, or yearly depending on the tax regime set by authorities for your line of business, and annual corporate tax. Additional taxation can apply in different member states.
Please see our country description for details.

Should I pay personal income tax in E.U. if I own European company?
-Absolutely not, unless you will decide to get European residence permit and settle in European country.

Should I pay tax in my country if I own European company?
-It is set by your countries national law. European legislation is preventing double taxation in most cases. Income tax shall be paid at the place of residence, however payment of social tax contributions can be done in the country of origin. Please contact us to inquire if your citizenship allows payment of social tax, or other taxes at your own country.

What is the rate for corporate tax?
-Tax rate is set by national legislation in different member states depending on income and line of business. . Please visit  list of EU member states for feedback on tax rates in each EU country. Most member states have progressive tax system, with higher rates for top earners and tax reductions for businesses who are active in a cultural field, innovations or social projects. Please contact us for the specific details.

My European business makes profits. Can I withdraw money to my account?
-After payment of all due taxes and fees you are free to withdraw profits from your European company as dividends. It can be transferred both to your European account or at your country of origin.

Are there any tax relief schemes?
-The tax reduction is defined by national legislation. Most countries have tax reduction for businesses who are active in cultural sector, social projects and innovation. The tax rates for this type of businesses are 6 low  with some companies benefiting from 0% rate in a specific cases.

When is my company entitled for tax refund?
-Yes there are various tax refund rules, mostly based on the VAT rate difference; "European connection" is assisting all clients with tax related inquiries, and with claiming refund.

How often the annual report shall be filed?
-It depends on national legislation. In most countries the company shall file annual report every 12 month, and first report being can filed after 18 month in some countries.

Are the social security contributions integrated in company tax?
-Depending on the country social contributions are either set as additional tax or paid to separate entity. Please request additional details depending on the country and we will be glad to help you.

My company is registered in one E.U. member states but I work (in behalf of the company) in the different member state. Should I pay tax and social contribution in both countries?
-No, the company should be taxed only once. The tax shall be paid in the country where company is registered. Personal tax is paid at the address of residence.

My company is registered in one E.U. country, but is exporting goods and services to other member state. Where taxes should be paid?
-The corporate income tax should be paid in the country of registration. Currently there is 0% VAT tax on export of goods and services from one E.U. member state to another.
Real estate
Business services
Invitation for partnership
Investment opportunity
Prices and contracts
Our partners
Student admission
"European Connection", BVBA; Avenue Kersbeek, 308, 1180 Brussels; tel: +32 475 506 266;  contact@european-connection.com; © 2009-2014

Support package is an opportunity to receive permanent consultancy and advice about company formation, work permits, visas, work permits and trade license in European Union for a fixed annual fee of 399 Euro.